Developer 2000 V. 2.0 vs V.6.0

From: <DBAtracker_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 08:23:11 -0700

I just bought a new PC and was going to install Personal Edition 8i  and Developer 2000 v. 6.0 as I have it on my old computer.  However, being a little tired at the time, I installed the earlier version of Developer 2000 (v. 2.0) instead of 6.0. I know there are compatability issues between  Developer 6.0 and Oracle Personal Edition 8.0. I tried to uninstall the Developer 2.0 but it didn't seem to work.  I'm thinking I should be able to just install Developer version  6.0 on top of the 2.0, effectively just doing an upgrade but I'm wondering if this is ok before I load 8i (Developer must be loaded before 8i for a proper installation.)  Can anyone confirm that installing 6.0 will work ok without first removing Developer 2.0??  Appreciate any comments or suggestions. Bill Johnson Received on Fri Oct 05 2001 - 10:23:11 CDT