RE: Database will not shutdown in Normal or IMMEDIATE mode

From: Cale, Rick T (Richard) <RICHARD.T.CALE_at_saic.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 06:03:10 -0700

Thanks everyone with the DROP TABLE ... and SHUTDOWN replies. This morning is much better.
I was able to DROP tables I needed. The shutdown problem would not occur even after the DROP
finally succeeded. I was in a position to do a cold boot of the server and viola I was able to
shutdown and do backups. It is a beautiful sunny day in east TN.

Thanks again,
Rick

Author: Cale, Rick T (Richard)
  INET: RICHARD.T.CALE_at_saic.com

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us

Author: Cale, Rick T (Richard)
  INET: RICHARD.T.CALE_at_saic.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Oct 05 2001 - 08:03:10 CDT