RE: Backup Strategy

From: Kimberly Smith <kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 14:35:07 -0700

Once you have been in production for a while you really should not be changing your init that much. But there is a big difference between the downtime necessary to restart a database and to shut it down, copy all the files, and then start it up again.

Author: Kimberly Smith
  INET: kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com

Author: Gene Sais
  INET: Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us

Author: Kimberly Smith
  INET: kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com

Author: Gene Sais
  INET: Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us

Author: Henry Poras
  INET: Henry.Poras_at_ctp.com

Author: Kimberly Smith
  INET: kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 04 2001 - 16:35:07 CDT