RE: Oracle 8.1.7 on Solaris vs. Linux

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 13:21:39 -0700

The problem is that Oracle supports Linux on Intel and IBM does not make RS/6000 with Intel CPU. I''m also not sure whether there is a sufficient customer base for Oracle to start supporting the PPC Linux. On the other hand, there is a Unix-like OS called AIX which does support Oracle.....

Author: Gogala, Mladen
  INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com