RE: Droping System User

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 12:56:12 -0700

Dropping the SYSTEM user is not really all that traumatic.

In most cases it's just a DBA account that may own some pieces you'd rather not lose, but dropping SYSTEM will not be noticed by the users of the database.

Jared

                    Jacques Kilchoer

                    <Jacques.Kilchoer@       To:     Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    quest.com>               cc:

                    Sent by:                 Subject:     RE: Droping System User

                    root_at_fatcity.com

                    10/04/01 12:55 PM

                    Please respond to

                    ORACLE-L

OK, I viewed this statement from Mr. Mercadante as a challenge, so I tried it.
I dropped user system, and was able to do a select (*) from dba_objects, a create table, insert into the table, and commit.

I could also disconnect and reconnect to the database (though I did get the usual warning about Product_User_Profile being absent.)

What should I try to prove that my database is FUBAR?

SQL> connect jrk_at_sdjrk3
Entrez le mot de passe : ********
Connecté.
SQL> drop user system cascade ;

Utilisateur supprimé.

SQL> select count (*) from dba_objects ;

  COUNT(*)

      2942

SQL> create table t (n number) ;

Table créée.

SQL> insert into t (n) values (1) ;

1 ligne créée.

SQL> commit ;

Validation effectuée.

SQL> disconnect
Déconnecté de Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.1.1 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.1.1 - Production
SQL> connect jrk_at_sdjrk3
Entrez le mot de passe : ********
Erreur lors de l'accès à PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE Attention : Informations du profil utilisateur du produit non chargées! Vous devrez peut-être exécuter PUPBLD.SQL en SYSTEM Connecté.
SQL> select username from dba_users ;

USERNAME

SYS
OUTLN