RE: Veritas Quickio and DB_BLOCK_SIZE

From: satar naghshineh <satarnag_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 11:20:28 -0700

Hi Christopher,

Like I said, Oracle experts can argue this issue until they are blue in the face, kinda like the Certification debate. Without any information on the data or application, I suggest a 2k block size. Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion, and I hope the author of the original post becomes successful in choosing his/her block size.

By the way, you are agreeing and disagreeing with Jonathan Lewis at the same time. The index efficiency on small block size is Jonathan's point he made a couple of years ago when he was stating why he recommends a 2k block size on an OLTP type database. The other index point (scanning an index on a small block size) is from Thomas Kyte on the same thread...If you disagree with him, you can write him an e-mail so you can correct him.

I hope you can appreciate the irony.

Regards,
Satar

PS Nice website, I like the goth look! Now you should play some Bauhaus or Christian Death in the background. ;)

Do You Yahoo!?
Listen to your Yahoo! Mail messages from any phone. http://phone.yahoo.com
Author: satar naghshineh
  INET: satarnag_at_yahoo.com