RE: Veritas Quickio and DB_BLOCK_SIZE

From: Christopher Spence <cspence_at_FuelSpot.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 07:21:34 -0700

I disagree in the 2k for OLTP as well, for similar reasons Jonathan mentioned, as well as a few of the obvious. Most OLTP are not PERFECTLY tuned to only do indexes scans either. And indexes are much more efficient on the larger block sizes as well

"Do not criticize someone until you walked a mile in their shoes, that way when you criticize them, you are a mile a way and have their shoes."

Christopher R. Spence
Oracle DBA
Phone: (978) 322-5744
Fax: (707) 885-2275