RE: Oracle -> SQL Server

From: SUNILSHIVAPPA <SUNILSHIVAPPA_at_infy.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 21:21:15 -0700

Generic connectivity works fine, I have tried this. You can query MS SQL server tables, but if you want to execute packages/procedures of SQL server then you have to use Transparent Gateway for MS SQL server. This is a separate product by oracle. (you can get more details about this at www.oracle.com/gateways

As for as using HSODBC(heterogeneneous ODBC or Generic connectivity) if your database in ORACLE, then ODBC driver for SQL server has to be used on UNIX. MERANT is one such provider (www.merant.com).

regards
sunil s.

Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au

Author: SUNILSHIVAPPA
  INET: SUNILSHIVAPPA_at_infy.com