Re: Extents size.

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 20:34:21 -0700

First I've heard from Ferenc for awhile, even if it is 2 years old.

Using extreme cases like this really doesn't make for a good example. I know an instructor that dropped/recreated/imported and entire database because the 'drop table' ran for 2 days with no end in sight.

Extents were 300,000+.

I suspect that that the graph of time vs. number of extents in data dictionary operations has a rather steep curve on the right side. It would be interesting to see where the curve breaks, as it's not likely a linear rise.

Of course, if you're using LMT's, this exercise is a waste of time. :)

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com