Windows 2000 pro packet writer errors ?

From: Doug C <dcowles_at_i84.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 19:03:36 -0700

Any advice? We tried installing a repository for Quest's SQL Lab Expert over a ssh connection from a windows 2000 pro service pack 2 platform. The Oracle is over on unix 4.3.3

Same place.. over and over.. packet writer failure.. bomb.. done.. try again... I checked metalink and found a nice document about those kinds of failures on NT.

We tried the following - (my spellings may be off because I don't have it all in front of me at the moment).
added protocol.ora tcp_nowait=yes
added SDU and something else DU parameters to the listener.ora. added explicit TNSNAMES directory directive to sqlnet.ora and SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION=(NONE).. No luck..
Looked for registry keys regarding TCP functionality but could not really find them on Windows 2000.

Now.. we tried the same thing from a Win95 client and everything was fine.

So.. question is.. does anyone know if there are any kinds of issues with Win2Kpro SP2 with packet writer failures or where we can adjust various TCP/IP parameters in Win2K registry to assist in sychronizing what clearly is some sort of repeating blip..

Thanks,
Doug

Author: Doug C
  INET: dcowles_at_i84.net

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Oct 02 2001 - 21:03:36 CDT