RE: init.ora file and UTL_FILE package

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 16:18:00 -0700

(see answer below)

This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but did you know about this feature?

Metalink Doc ID:  Note:1016653.4
Bulletin: Steps to verify setup for UTIL_FILE Package on Windows NT ...
The security and directory accessibility are controlled by the UTL_FILE_DIR parameter. If the INIT.ORA file contains  UTL_FILE_DIR = * then database permissions are disable and all files and directories are accessible to all users. ...

Of course, when saying UTL_FILE_DIR = *, developpers can overwrite any file on which the oracle executable has write privileges. Received on Tue Oct 02 2001 - 18:18:00 CDT