ADMIN: Summary of donations

From: Bruce Bergman <bbergman_at_BridgeMedical.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 16:11:49 -0700

Hi everyone --

Well, it's been an challenging month for all of us, hasn't it? ;-) I promised to give you all a summary, and my apologies for taking so long to get back to you on this. The postal donations took a while to get to me, and I'm actually still getting PayPal donations even today, so it's taken a while to add everything up. Then there was that unfortunate event on the east coast. It didn't seem appropriate to talk about all the donations I was getting in the face of all of that, especially as I imagine many of you have graciously donated to charities in support of that relief effort, or had your own challenges to face. I hope everyone is safe and cared following the events that transpired.

As was evidenced by the outpouring of support when I first posted, you guys have come through with amazing generosity. The PayPal donations totalled $1700, and the postal donations totalled about $500 more. The breakdown by type was 54 one-time, 6 monthly and 3 one-time plus monthly. Obviously, the vast majority of the donations were one-time donations, although the people that agreed to donate for a number of months were enthusiastic. Those will be incredibly helpful. Several people wanted to start hosting a website with Fat City, which is really awesome, and to all of you, I will be getting back to you this week. If you're one of ones who expressed an interest at hosting at Fat City, I'm ready for you now. :-)

As I promised, I went ahead and moved Fat City into its temporary home in the colocation facility. The new dedicated connection is under construction, but probably won't be finished until mid or late October. In the meantime, I'm working hard on improving the services, adding account maintenance tools, etc. You should be noticing some speed improvements, but the best are yet to come. I will again notify the list when there is any anticipated downtime. There might be some downtime this weekend, but I'm not scheduling anything as of yet.

I'll keep you informed of any new information. Again, thank everyone for your support.

cheers,
bruce
ListMaster_at_fatcity.com

Author: Bruce Bergman
  INET: bbergman_at_BridgeMedical.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Oct 01 2001 - 18:11:49 CDT