RE: rollback segments during export

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 09:46:17 -0700

I am totally confused. Mr. Still, it seems to me that you are quoting a section of document that describes the behaviour of <<consistent = "N">> and claiming that the description applies to <<consistent = "Y">>? I was told by an Oracle employee that <<consistent = "Y">> would guarantee that all data would be "consistent" from the time of the start of the export, and I have successfully used that option to carry data from one database to another without constraint errors.

The 8.1.7 Utilities manual says
<<CONSISTENT
Specifies whether or not Export uses the SET TRANSACTION READ ONLY statement to ensure that the data seen by Export is consistent to a single point in time and does not change during the execution of the export command. You should specify CONSISTENT=Y when you anticipate that other applications will be updating the target data after an export has started.>> Received on Mon Oct 01 2001 - 11:46:17 CDT