RE: rollback segments during export

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 17:35:56 -0700

We use export / import to refresh our test system.

We do the exports from OEM with consistent=y (this is on NT, version 8.1.5 and 8.1.7).

We have lots of tables with foreign key constraints and have not had any problems with the constraints being reenabled in test. That is, consistent=y seems to me to prevent the tables getting out of sync.

At one stage, I ran into an OEM bug (1429380 / 1080622) related to the copying of OEM advanced export job settings - this lead to doing a consistent=N export and then when we imported into our test system some of the constraints could not be enabled.

This adds weight to consistent=y keeping tables in sync across the entire database.

HTH,
Bruce Reardon

Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au