RE: Controlling disk space usage

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 20:15:29 -0700

An improved version that allows for some files not being set to autoextend. For these, it treats the max bytes as being equal to the current bytes.

select

   substr ( file_name ,1,1) disk,
   sum (bytes / 1024/1024) curr_mb ,
   sum ( DECODE ( maxbytes , 0 , bytes , maxbytes ) / 1024/1024) max_mb from

   dba_data_files
group by

   substr ( file_name ,1,1)
;

Note - only tested on NT and on Oracle 805 and 817.

Regards,
Bruce Reardon

Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Sep 26 2001 - 22:15:29 CDT