RE: Reading dbf files

From: Aponte, Tony <AponteT_at_hsn.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:21:28 -0700

I believe this is the article (Recovering the Unrecoverable) Venkat is referring to: http://www.kbaseonline.com/Topics/Articles/databasemain.asp?basecatid=1&type=1&articleid=273

Tony

-----Original Message-----

From: C.S.Venkata Subramanian [mailto:csvenkata_at_lycos.com]

Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 1:15 AM

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Subject: RE: Reading dbf files

Dear List,

I would like to add what Rachel had written, it is true, once they came to one of my client site and performed the same it is called "DUL" data unloader. But it will work only when system tablespace is intact. If it is lost then u loose all ur data. Some where in one of the website I read about a Pro*C program to read and dump data in a flat file(I could not remember the website) Pl excuse.

DUL utility Oracle says "Life is DUL without it".

Venkat

--

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001 15:15:58

Make a difference, help support the relief efforts in the U.S. http://clubs.lycos.com/live/events/september11.asp -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: C.S.Venkata Subramanian   INET: csvenkata_at_lycos.com Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).