RE: Upgrade 8.0.5 to 8.1.7.2

From: Kevin Lange <kgel_at_ppoone.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:19:20 -0700

Joan;
  I am about to upgrade from 8.0.5 to 8.1.7.2 myself and I have been reading the Documentation. It clearly states that the PATCH must be applied to an 8.1.7 Database.

Page 1 of 165 of the Oracle 8i Patch Set Notes: The last line in Paragraph 1 states:

This is not a complete software distribution and you must install it over an existing 8.1.7 Oracle Server Installation.

Under System Requirements, the table clearly shows that the RDBMS Baseline Release should be 8.1.7.0.0

If you are going to apply an 8.1.7.2 patch to an 8.0.5 database you will probably do something you will regret.

Kevin

Author: Joan Hsieh
  INET: joan.hsieh_at_tufts.edu

Author: Kevin Lange