RE: Controlling disk space usage

From: Hallas John <John.Hallas_at_btcellnet.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 08:29:20 -0700

Sean,
I assume from your question that you are already using autoextend on your tablespaces. I personally do not use that option and therefore the chance of a tablespace expanding above available disk space never occurs.

However in the event of my running a massive insert or import when I was not sure how much space would be used I might use autoextend until the creation was over and then turn autoextend off

John

Author: O'Neill, Sean
  INET: Sean.ONeill_at_organon.ie

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists

This email and any attachments may be confidential and the subject of
legal professional privilege.  Any disclosure, use, storage or copying
of this email without the consent of the sender is strictly prohibited.
Please notify the sender immediately if you are not the intended
recipient and then delete the email from your inbox and do not
disclose the contents to another person, use, copy or store the
information in any medium.