RE: Preventing user access

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 06:41:03 -0700

Sean,

How about creating an admin listener (admin_listener for example) that is only defined in your own listner.ora file on your desktop PC, and not in the users listener.ora files. When you want to restrict them from access, simply shut down their listener, whilst keeping your own open?

This way - If you want to do it across the network or not, you will still be able to connect..

Mark

Author: O'Neill, Sean
  INET: Sean.ONeill_at_organon.ie

Author: Mark Leith