RE: changing the internal password

From: Nirmal Kumar Muthu Kumaran <NIRMALK_at_qtel.com.qa>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:46:45 -0700

Hi,
------------- oracle_home\network\admin\sqlnet.ora

# SQLNET.ORA Network Configuration File: D:\Oracle\Ora81\NETWORK\ADMIN\sqlnet.ora # Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = qtel.com.qa

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS) SQLNET.CRYPTO_SEED = 4fhfguweotcadsfdsafjkdsfqp5f201p45mxskdlfdasf

In this what type of modification i should do?...

I had another doubt:

Most of the times, oracle connects with internal without any password, may i know in which scanario, oracle will ask
password for internal?

Yearly of this year, from this list only i learned that we can change the internal password by 'ORADIM' utility.

Now now i changed the internal password by using this utility.

After that i tested with default password 'oracle' (???). it's going ... i surpriced...

even more, if i put any characters instead of password, it's succeeded....

Can anyone please clear these issues.....

Thanks in adv.

Regards,
Nirmal.

Author: Nirmal Kumar  Muthu Kumaran