RE: Discovering same SIDs on 2 boxes in OEM

From: Rao, Maheswara <Maheswara.Rao_at_Sungardp3.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:47:47 -0700

Rich,

It is doable. We have two databases with same SID. One on production and another on development box. This is a result of our Unix SA doing it in dark ages.

I had some difficulty in getting the OEM discover these nodes. If I recall correctly, following is the sequence.

  1. Try to discover each node one at a time.
  2. If the step one fails, then, remove both nodes (production and development nodes) from OEM. Then discover only production node.
  3. After step 2, go to development box. Stop the intelligent agent on development box. Delete all the logs created by intelligent agent (Please check the Oracle docs for the location of these intelligent agent logs are created).
  4. Start the intelligent agent on development box. Now try to recognize.

Caveat:

In our case, production and development databases are same version.

Rao

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com

Author: Rao, Maheswara
  INET: Maheswara.Rao_at_Sungardp3.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Sep 24 2001 - 12:47:47 CDT