RE: Remove Statspack Snapshots

From: Post, Ethan <epost_at_kcc.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 09:36:35 -0700

How are you using the 168 snapshots to gather information? I saw a tool out there that will turn your statspack info into a graphical representation. I would certainly hate pouring through tons of output from spreport.sql. I have my own performance monitor for watching most of this stuff. I have automated the ability to schedule a statspack snapshot. The report is processed automatically and sent to me via email. This allows me to do things like place a trigger on a job queue table for our ERP system that takes a snapshot before and after a specific job. A few minutes after the job runs I get a statpack report in my inbox. This way I can help diagnose problems with the job without constantly being in contact with the application consultants about when they will run the job next.

Author: Post, Ethan
  INET: epost_at_kcc.com