Re: partition

From: JOE TESTA <JTESTA_at_longaberger.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 07:11:57 -0700

by default you can't change the rows part key.
do a alter table <table_name> enable row movement;
then the row can move between partitions.
joe
>>> maya.kenner_at_trema.com 09/24/01 10:50AM >>>
<SPAN

class=609561113-24092001>Hello,
<SPAN

class=609561113-24092001>
I have a partitioned
table by range on a column like STATUS , where STATUS can be either say YES or NO .
i do my
partitionning on this STATUS column.
<SPAN

class=609561113-24092001>
When i do insert in
this table, data are correctly inserted in the right partition BUT if I want to update the STATUS field, it returns me an error I found ambiguous:
"ORA-14402: updating
partition key column would cause a partition change"
<SPAN

class=609561113-24092001>
The "would" is
confusing , does this mean it won't do it anyhow or with some special keyword would move it to the other partition.
<SPAN

class=609561113-24092001>
<SPAN

class=609561113-24092001>Thanks,
<SPAN

class=609561113-24092001>Maya Received on Mon Sep 24 2001 - 09:11:57 CDT