RE: File/RAID layout for Oracle database???

From: Grabowy, Chris <cgrabowy_at_fcg.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 05:53:54 -0700

Hey Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.

This is a proposed system. I'm just "supposed" to install Oracle and get OPS up and running, then the other contractor is going to load there app and data. I can't help but worry about the disk layout, backups(including the types), future monitoring, etc. In an OPS configuration there is a lot more to "worry about", but they want to use it in a fail-over configuration(shaking my head), not a "parallel" configuration.

Thanks for all the warnings!!

Chris
"May Oracle be with you...always"

Author: Paul Drake