Re: Undo x Rollback Segments in 9i

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 05:20:23 -0700

Thursday, September 20, 2001, 9:40:17 PM, you wrote: EE> does anyone use it or know how to use Automatic Undo ?

EE> What is the best option :

I don't know which is best. I did recently notice that the default database you get when you install Oracle9i uses automatic undo. I also discovered that if you want to use the new flashback query features, that you must be using automatic undo management.

I like the simplified approach of "just create a bunch of undo space and let Oracle worry about it". But it is a new feature, it may take some time to work the kinks out, and I'm not sure I'd rush to convert all my databases to it.

By the way, is anyone doing anything with flashback query yet?

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick
mailto:jonathan_at_gennick.com * 906.387.1698 http://Gennick.com * http://MichiganWaterfalls.com * http://MetalDrums.org

Author: Jonathan Gennick
  INET: jonathan_at_gennick.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Sep 24 2001 - 07:20:23 CDT