RE: 2nd DBA or ?

From: Koivu, Lisa <lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 06:11:59 -0700

Another angle:  when I left my last job, I was the only dba.  They panicked and did everything they could to try to keep me.  The result was they were left without a skilled dedicated dba, assigning my job responsibilities to a bda (big dumb a$$) who tried to learn it in one week.

Any manager should be well aware of how dependent they become on just one person in such an important role.  What if that person gets hit by a bus?

Lisa Koivu
Oracle Database Administrator
Fairfield Resorts, Inc.
954-935-4117

Author: Weaver, Walt
  INET: wweaver_at_rightnow.com

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).

Author: Christopher Spence
  INET: cspence_at_FuelSpot.com
Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Sep 21 2001 - 08:11:59 CDT