RE: How to move a database from Solaris to Linux

From: Vergara, Michael (TEM) <mvergara_at_guidant.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 08:09:47 -0700

Reinhold,

One thing to try instead of exporting to files and then importing from those files is to run exp/imp through a pipe.

Pick a machine, source or destination - my choice would be destination. Export the remote database to a local pipe, and then import to the local database from that pipe. There are notes and tips on MetalLink about exporting to a pipe, and Rachel and others have published methods to this list.

Cheers,
Mike

Author: Reinhold Wagner
  INET: rwagner_at_zeunastaerker.de