Re: Oracle error after recovery

From: <tday6_at_csc.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 07:15:31 -0700

I assume that you've done a ps -ef | grep ora to see that there are no oracle processes running.

Check the date/time stamp of that control file and compare it to your other copies of the control file. I assume also that you do have other copies of the control file. If the stamp is different, rename the offending control file, copy one of the good control files to that location, and restart the database.

If that doesn't work then I'm out of answers.

                    "Smith, Ron

                    L."                  To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

                    <rlsmith_at_kmg.        <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>

                    com>                 cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     Oracle error after recovery

                    root_at_fatcity.

                    com

                    09/20/2001

                    10:25 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    ORACLE-L

I did a complete recovery of an Oracle instance. Everything looked great but when I bounced the instance
and tried to bring it back up I got the following Oracle error. I have checked everything. There are no other
instances running.

Any ideas?

Ron

ORA-00205: error in identifying control file '/stk0103/m001/oradata/conv/control1.ctl' ORA-09782: sfifi: another instance has the same database mounted. SVRMGR> exit
Server Manager complete.
 <mailto:oracle_at_conv> oracle_at_conv:> oerr ORA 09782 09782, 00000, "sfifi: another instance has the same database mounted."

// *Cause:  In non-shared disk systems, database cannot be mounted shared.
// *Action: Shutdown the other oracle instance and try again.  The name
//          of the other instance was dumped to the trace file.

Author: Smith, Ron L.
  INET: rlsmith_at_kmg.com

  INET: tday6_at_csc.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Sep 20 2001 - 09:15:31 CDT