Re: Error in creating tablespace

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 05:32:41 -0700

Ashraf,
I know that it sounds far fetched but do you have contigous free space to write the 2 K block that Oracle will try to write on the "C" drive. Do you have any virus protection turned on that prevents you from writing in the "root" directory? Try the same command in a sub directory.
Please post the findings when you get an answer. Thanks,
Ron
ROR mª¿ªm

>>> ashraf_salaymeh_at_yahoo.com 09/20/01 05:10AM >>> Hi List,

I tryed to create the tablespace from svrmgr30 as satar naghshineh told me.
But i still face the same error...

    CREATE TABLESPACE PAYROLL
    DATAFILE 'C:\PAYROL.ORA' SIZE 10M
    SQL> /
ERROR at line 1:
> > ORA-19502: write error on file "C:\PAYROL.ORA",
> > blockno 1 (blocksize=2048)
> > ORA-27069: skgfdisp: attempt to do I/O beyond the
> > range of the file
> > OSD-04026: Invalid parameter passed.
> > O/S-Error: (OS 64) The specified network name is

Any one can tell me what I have to do?

Regards,
Ashraf

Terrorist Attacks on U.S. - How can you help? Donate cash, emergency relief information http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/US/Emergency_Information/