RE: time synchronization

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 10:45:15 -0700

Ed,

Get your SAs to take a look at NTP (Network Time Protocol). You can setup an NTP server and use NTP clients to sync up to it easily. In the case when an NTP client catches up with the server, it just reduces or increases the 1/100 sec time clicks so that the time is caught up over a period of time and even seconds are not missed.

John - you may also be missing cron jobs (and Oracle Apps scheduled concurrent manager jobs in case you are using Apps) in case you take an abrupt jump.

John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DB Soft Inc
Author: Shevtsov, Eduard