How to move a databse from Solaris to Llinux

From: Reinhold Wagner <rwagner_at_zeunastaerker.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 08:31:23 -0700

Hi all,

we have to move a 135 GB Oracle 8.0.6 database from Solaris 7 to Linux. We tried a simple restore of the database files from the last offline backup (tape) as we did it many times between equal systems.

After creating the new control file on the target system the database could not be started, becaue Oracle thinks that the system data file isn't really a data file!

This means i have to do an export/import! I assume an export time of round about 10 hrs. Is there any easier way?

TIA Reinhold Wagner

Author: Reinhold Wagner
  INET: rwagner_at_zeunastaerker.de

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Sep 19 2001 - 10:31:23 CDT