RE: 9i D/l

From: <Steve.Parker_at_lis.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 07:09:36 -0700

Mark,

Perhaps Oracle have an A and B list. The A list are told as soon as its out, so they can download it
quickly. Then the larger B list is told, and they struggle to download it due to demand :-)

I too registered to be told when 9i was available for W2k; as soon as I heard about it on the list yesterday morining I started "GetRight" to download it. When I came in at Lunchtime today it was all downloaded - I was amazed !

Good luck and I hope someone else pays your phone bill!

Steve Parker
Technical Consultant
LIS

E Mail: steve.parker_at_lis.co.uk

                    "Mark Leith"

                    <mark_at_cool-too       To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    ls.co.uk>            cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     RE: 9i D/l

                    root_at_fatcity.c

                    om

                    18/09/2001

                    16:45

                    Please respond

                    to ORACLE-L

You know, this list is the greatest! I specifically submitted my name to the
OTN site, to be told *apparently* "as soon as the version I am interested in
is released" - which was 9i for Win2K. Guess what? The first I hear of this being released was HERE!! Still haven't heard anything from Oracle!!

Now all I have to do is log on for 3 weeks to try and download it over my 56k modem :)

<RANT>

I can't believe that that the download is over a GIG in size!! 8.1.7 was only close to 600 or so meg! We can't get Broadband services here either! In
a CITY! Though I hear of people all around the country (even residencies) and small TOWNS etc. that can get ADSL, but here we are in a CITY and a BUSINESS wanting to get the service, and BT can't supply it to us!! Neither can NTL, because BT haven't installed it in our exchange!! Did I mention we are in a CITY?!?!

Grumble grumble, moan, grumble, humph...

</RANT>

Mark

Author: VeniVas
  INET: srao-1_at_home.com

Author: Molina, Gerardo
  INET: Gerardo.Molina_at_schwab.com

Author: Mark Leith
  INET: mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk

  INET: Steve.Parker_at_lis.co.uk

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Sep 19 2001 - 09:09:36 CDT