RE: Good/Cheap Backup Agent?

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 06:26:41 -0700

Walter,

Ruth's suggestion is still a good one. You can use Rman to backup to disk, and then simply copy the Rman files to tape. You get all of the recoverability using RMan, without having to purchase the 3rd party tape interface product (like Legato, Edm etc.).

Your costs are :
  probably an additional disk drive to hold Rman backups   Your time to develop and test Rman scripts.   Developing Rman scripts will be very easy - there are only a   couple of hundred people on this list using Rman, and we all share!

Hope this helps

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Walter K