RE: Two Instances at one oracle Server

From: <wolfgang.ludewig_at_systor.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 05:30:24 -0700

how do you start the database ?
with the servermanager ??

If you do so, so you have to set the
variable for the SID value on the value of the other instance.

On Unix-maschines it looks like:

ORACLE_SID=new_sid
export ORACLE_SID

Then you are able to start the second instance.

Wolfgang Ludewig

                      Nirmal Kumar

                     Muthu Kumaran       To:  Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                   <NIRMALK_at_qtel.c       cc:

                            om.qa>       Subject:  RE: Two Instances at one oracle
Server
                   Sent by:

                   root_at_fatcity.co

                    19.09.01 13:30

                    Please respond

                       to ORACLE-L

How?

I started first one, then i try to startup 2nd, it says, "Cann't start - already started, shut it down first".

Nirmal.

Author: Nirmal Kumar  Muthu Kumaran
  INET: NIRMALK_at_qtel.com.qa

  INET: wolfgang.ludewig_at_systor.com