RE: how to zip email?

From: Guy Hammond <guy.hammond_at_avt.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 04:27:58 -0700

Hi Andrea,

What I have is a separate PST file for the Oracle stuff. I have a folder in my main mailbox, and a filter to place all ORACLE-L email in there. Then I have an autoarchive on that to clear out things older than a few days to the separate PST. You can create another PST using the "New" option in the "File" menu, then you open it and it will appear alongside the "Outlook Today" folder at the top level. You can drag and drop messages between PSTs. So, all the Oracle email is eventually stored elsewhere, and I can just unmount that file and move it around, even to another Outlook, just like a transportable tablespace.

And in response to the other poster, it's only all in one file by default, you can have many PSTs if you want. I find it always helps to know what you're talking about before blaming other people for your own ignorance.

Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 6:15 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hi all,

This is not an Oracle question, but thought peoele on this list might know:

I saved many emails about Oracle, Unix in the Microsoft Outlook, and I like to send these information esle where. I'd like to know where are these emails stored in the local or network directory, so I can make a zip. (NT 4.0, Microsoft Outlook 97).

Thank you!

Andrea

Terrorist Attacks on U.S. - How can you help? Donate cash, emergency relief information http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/US/Emergency_Information/
Author: Andrea Oracle