Re: Deploying middle-tier on unix.

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:17:21 -0700

Amar,

I've use OAS on both platforms.

The unix variety is easier to maintain for the most part.

The only unix specific difficulties I ran into were caused by case sensitivity. Many forms were calling other modules with inconsistent case, and I had to find these and modify them before the forms could be successfully compiled on unix.

If your programmers have good habits, you shouldn't run into that.

If all they have ever worked on is Windoze, then you will probably  be doing some error correction before compiling. ;)

Jared

                    Amar Kumar

                    Padhi                To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    <TS2017_at_emirat       cc:

                    es.com>              Subject:     Deploying middle-tier on unix.

                    Sent by:

                    root_at_fatcity.c

                    om

                    09/18/01 08:46

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to ORACLE-L

We use 3-tier architecture to run our application, the middle tier being an OAS. How many of you have the middle tier on UNIX platform? I want to know the pros and cons of having my executables kept on unix server which are then being accessed from a windows based client.

Most of the links I have visited talk about middle tier being on an NT machine. I would appreciate any kind of information on this.

rgds
amar

Author: Amar Kumar Padhi
  INET: TS2017_at_emirates.com