RE: DB Names in multiple oracle installs

From: Walthour, Jon (GEAE, Compaq) <Jon.walthour_at_ae.ge.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 13:37:44 -0700

<SPAN
class=485574112-18092001>Sujatha:
<SPAN
class=485574112-18092001>
I've
never done this myself, but I would think if you set us a second listener on a different port, it should work from a SQL*Net point of view. However, you'd probably have problems in the ORATAB file and in the local environment itself with things like svrmgrl. On NT I'm sure it's not possible as the names of the db services would be identical. So, I don't think it's possible from every aspect. But I'm curious now if someone else has better ideas than I.

Jon Walthour

<FONT

  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Sujatha Madan   [mailto:sujatha.madan_at_cmc.cwo.net.au] Sent: Monday, September 17,   2001 9:05 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list   ORACLE-LSubject: DB Names in multiple oracle   installs
<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial

  size=2>Hi,
<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial

  size=2>
  Is
  it possible to call two databases the same name if they are residing on the   same machine, in different oracle homes? ... One database is version 8.0.6 and   the other is 8.1.7.
<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial

  size=2>
<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial

  size=2>Thanks
<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial

  size=2>
<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial

  size=2>Sujatha Received on Tue Sep 18 2001 - 15:37:44 CDT