RE: Dump Oracle Tables To ASCII/Comma Delimited File ..Summary

From: Deepender Kr Gupta <deepender.gupta_at_wipro.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 11:55:51 -0700

Hi All,
Here is the summary of all the mails I have recieved to Convert an oracle table into ASCII/Comma delimeted file.

  1. Using sqlplus

   Set head off
   set pages 1000
   spool result.lis
   Select col1 ||','|| col2 ||','|| col3 from table;    spool off

or

2. Set colsep ,

   spool result.lis
   set head off
   set pages 1000
   select * from table;
   spool off

3. Using Jump.sql from jared site

   http://www.cybcon.com/~jkstill/util/util_master.html    This is a very good utility.

4. Toad also can be used for this Purpose.

   download from www.toadsoft.com

5. Tabexp is a very good utility that can be downloaded from

   www.materialdreams.com/product.html

Thanks to all who has replied for my qyery. regds
deepender   Received on Tue Sep 18 2001 - 13:55:51 CDT