RE: The DBA in the IS organization

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 14:12:27 -0700

We have something slightly different, small organization as well.

CTO has three groups reporting to him: programming, network and "operations"

"operations" has 2 groups, sysadmins and dbas

I could, if I wanted, have root access. I don't want it. I don't know enough to be a sysadmin, but I DO know enough to be dangerous. So I'd rather get one of my sysadmins to help me on the (few and rare) occasions I need root access.

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com