RE: The DBA in the IS organization

From: Browett, Darren <dbrowett_at_city.coquitlam.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 10:46:24 -0700

In our organization, the DBA position is within network services, because the DBA is also the Unix Administrator. I find it works well, because I have access to the actual systems running the databases. If I was with the other group (applications) I would have to ask somebody in networks to log in as root for me, so I could install some software, or I would have to ask them to install it for me, and I would have to hold there hand while they are doing it.

But we are also a small enough department, (3 in networks, 6 in apps and 5 in client services)

Darren

(Who is also at work today, due to an application upgrade)

Author: Farnsworth, Dave
  INET: DFarnsworth_at_Ashleyfurniture.com

Author: Browett, Darren
  INET: dbrowett_at_city.coquitlam.bc.ca
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sat Sep 15 2001 - 12:46:24 CDT