Re: Strange performance problem

From: <Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 12:56:16 -0700

!! Please do not post Off Topic to this List !!

Rachel,

The difference in rows is not significant anywhere in the explain plan.

Thanks for your reply.

Cherie

                    "Rachel

                    Carmichael"          To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    <carmichr_at_hotm       cc:

                    ail.com>             Subject:     Re: Strange performance problem

                    Sent by:

                    root_at_fatcity.c

                    om

                    09/14/01 02:55

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to ORACLE-L

!! Please do not post Off Topic to this List !!

>It should be an exact copy as of Aug. 16th. I ran the query on the >copy

>and on the current production database and the resulting explain >plans
>were identical except for the number of rows returned. Total >execution
>time and cpu times were similar.

What's the difference in the number of rows? I see buried deep in the explain plan a Cartesian join.... if the numbe rows jumped significantly, that might be the problem

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com

  INET: Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com