RE: Lots and lots of redo logs

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 11:50:32 -0700

!! Please do not post Off Topic to this List !!

I am with John on this - For those with AIX, it is essential that the Logical volume be created first and then the filesystem be created on this LV. It is via this route that you will be able to place this LV in the 'center' (default). I have had great success placing redologs, rbs, temp and system in the 'center' and all other tablespaces on the 'edge'/'middle' when I was 'disk constrained' (read : I had only one 9Gb disk for *all* user/oracle binaries and database :(

John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DB Soft Inc
Work : (408) 970 7002