RE: Is Virus protection software safe on an NT / Oracle server?

From: Rodd Holman <rodney.holman_at_lodgenet.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:52:25 -0700

!! Please do not post Off Topic to this List !!

With the advent of worms like Code Red, I would recommend it. You don't need users on the server anymore to get a virus. All you need is an OS full of holes and the system open to the internet.

Rodd Holman

On 9/14/01, 12:50:32 PM, "Boivin," Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca> wrote regarding RE: Is Virus protection software safe on an NT / Oracle server?:

> !! Please do not post Off Topic to this List !!

> It will slow down your server.

> With McAfee, you can exclude the directories that contain oracle
datafiles,
> that minimizes the impact.

> Virus checking software is a good idea, in my opinion.

> Regards,
> Patrice Boivin
> Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

> Acting Head
> Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
> Technology Services | Services technologiques
> Informatics Branch | Direction de l'informatique
> Maritimes Region, DFO | Région des Maritimes, MPO

subscribing).

Author: Rodd Holman
  INET: rodney.holman_at_lodgenet.com