RE: When optimizer reevaluate SQL statement

From: Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha <oraperfman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:20:05 -0700

!! Please do not post Off Topic to this List !!

Hi Alex,

Yes, I mean invalidate the SQL that is referencing the object(s) that was analyzed. The creation of the index has the same effect. Which means after the index is created, the next execution of the query to that table, will be re-parsed, execution plan re-built and if it makes sense, the index will be used in the plan.

Cheers,

Gaja

http://www.osborne.com/database_erp/0072131454/0072131454.shtml

> Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
> http://www.orafaq.com
> --
> Author: Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha
> INET: oraperfman_at_yahoo.com
>
> Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX:
> (858) 538-5051
> San Diego, California -- Public Internet
> access

=== message truncated ===

Terrorist Attacks on U.S. - How can you help? Donate cash, emergency relief information http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/US/Emergency_Information/
Author: Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha