Re: OPS instalation - pretty urgent

From: Stefan Jahnke <stefan.jahnke_at_d2vodafone.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 02:41:28 -0700

!! Please do not post Off Topic to this List !!

Hi,

on AIX platforms, Oracle actually uses it's post wait driver architecture.
It's a substitute for the operating system's semaphores. The background is
that due to an exhaustive overhead dealing with OS semaphores (context switch),
Oracle handles the waits within the (Oracle) kernel space instead of handing
over the control to the OS's kernel space. See Steve Adam's "Oracle Internals" book.

| Regards,                   |
| Stefan Jahnke              |
| BOV AG                     |
| @:D2 Vodafone, Abt.: FBOM  |