RE: OPS instalation - pretty urgent

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:47:23 -0700

!! Please do not post Off Topic to this List !!

Don, failover, dispatcher cross registration and server load balancing require MTS. Second, I'm not on AIX, that is why I was guessing about semaphores.
Here are my versions:

SQL*Plus: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on Thu Sep 13 15:36:53 2001

(c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Enter password:

Connected to:
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.1.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning and Parallel Server options JServer Release 8.1.7.1.0 - 64bit Production

SQL> HP-UX pdev1-a B.11.00 U 9000/800

I admit that my advice might be a little bit off when it comes to IBM. HP uses semaphores and we do have tons of those.

Author: Gogala, Mladen
  INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com