RE: WinNT / 8.0.5 / DECODE function affecting Century result in date

From: Greg Solomon <greg.solomon_at_betfair.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 02:01:57 -0700

!! Please do not post Off Topic to this List !!Hi George

Your code looks fine to me and I have no idea why it wouldn't work. But if it turns into a pain in the neck, why not write a wee PL/SQL function to do the century thing for you and also trap nulls ?

There's a reason you might want to do this anyway: presumably you will sooner or later start receiving dates in the current century, e.g. if your file contains 000101 don't you want a function that will turn it into 01-JAN-2000 rather than 01-JAN-1900 ?

Cheers
Greg

Author: George Hofilena
  INET: GHofilena_at_cnv.org

Author: Greg Solomon
  INET: greg.solomon_at_betfair.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Sep 13 2001 - 04:01:57 CDT