Re: OT: WTC: Re: STOP THE PRESS!!

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 13:02:14 -0700

I've long accepted the fact by choosing to live and work in NYC and the surrounding area, I put myself at risk for death from any number of terrorist attacks against the city. Bombs, chemical contamination of the water supply, biological warfare, those are the sorts of things I thought of and chose not to worry about, as I can't live my life in fear.

NY is an ideal target, even more so than DC, as cutting off the country's finances is more effective than cutting off leadership.

I never in my wildest dreams imagined this. On the other hand, I DID expect the response we have been getting from New Yorkers and the rest of the country.

We may have a bad rep, but we're softies at heart.

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com