RE: STOP THE PRESS!!

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 15:04:20 -0700

> According to the news, September 11th is the anniversary of
> the signing of
> the Camp David Accord which has been a point of contention
> with radical
> Islamic Palestinians who have taken credit for the attack.
>
> 2+2=?

I have a couple of stories that come to mind when hearing about today's tragic events.

At the time of the Oklahoma City bombing, an article in the Los Angeles Times revealed that the message system of a local Arab-American friendship association was filled with hate messages, including some of the type "I hope your children die like those children in Oklahoma City did." (The attack turned out to be the work of an american terrorist, Timothy McVeigh, possibly with some as yet to be determined accomplices.)

Re - anti-arabic sentiment that I saw posted several times on news discussion groups today: I know someone whose niece died in the Oklahoma City building. When seeing commentaries on the "evil arabs", she has mentioned to me more than once - "That's funny, I don't hate all americans because of Timothy McVeigh." Received on Tue Sep 11 2001 - 17:04:20 CDT