RE: User Query Tools

From: Kevin Lange <kgel_at_ppoone.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 15:03:25 -0700

We use Cognos as a user report
tool.  They seem to like it.   You can build a library of reports for them or they can build their own.
Bad side .....  it does
not make the most efficient SQL calls.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Stephen Andert   [mailto:StephenAndert_at_firsthealth.com]Sent: Monday, September 10,   2001 5:52 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list   ORACLE-LSubject: User Query Tools
  Hey all,

  I just got out from a meeting where I was told that some of our users are   asking for a tool to do their own queries against our database so they   wouldn't have to request reports and such from IS.  Oh BTW, they don't   know (or feel the need to learn) SQL so they will be needing something with   either a good GUI QBF or some kind of natural language interface.

  We are leaning against MS Query to avoid ODBC performance problems.

  Does anyone out there have users like this?  Any product   referrals with pros/cons?

  TIA

  If you have any questions, please feel free to call me or drop me a   note.

  Stephen Andert480-445-2506 Received on Mon Sep 10 2001 - 17:03:25 CDT